Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Babies are back in SF!!!

Yah! We are so excited to have all 3 of the babies back in SF! They are only a 10 min. drive away rather than an hour. This is my first post (Rebecca) since all this craziness began. I am back home resting and trying to recover. Each day I am growing stronger and stronger and seem be getting better slowly but surely. I just want to thank everyone for all of your prayers, visits, phone calls, emails, texts, and thoughts. This has been an overwhelmingly scary experience but God has been right there with us the whole time. He is so good and Eric and I are in complete awe of these amazing gifts that God has given us (or shall I say "loaned us"). They are so precious and it truly is an indescribable joy! When we first found out that we were having triplets my first reaction was, "God, why me?" I felt like I was being punished. But, last night Eric and I were realizing that now our reaction is, "God, why me? Why have you chosen to bless us so incredibly much?" We are so undeserving. We truly are in love with each one of these 3 precious miracles.
We also know that everyone wants to come and see the babies. Santa Clara Kaiser had big windows that you could come and look through and actually see the babies. However, SF Kaiser doesn't have any windows and they do not allow visitors, other than parents. So, as much as I know everybody desires to come and visit the babies in the hospital, it really isn't possible at this time. They are all in the NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit) and are still under very intense care. So, if anyone wants to come visit me (Rebecca), that would be super! I know I am not as exciting to visit now that the babies are here, but I would still love company! :) Once the babies are home and strong enough we will be ecstatic to have you all come over and visit. Trust me, you will not be able to come by without holding, feeding, and changing a baby! :) We will need lots of help at that time!
FYI, the babies are all doing really well. They did an ultrasound of their hearts yesterday and they all have a slight "heart murmur", which means they are putting them on some medication to help close a valve in their heart that didn't close before they were born. So, please pray that the medication works and the valves all close. They also are getting a head scan today to hopefully rule out any brain bleeding that may have occurred due to them being born so early. So, please pray that they would all come back with excellent reports. Prayer is our best and only defense! We have realized that this is all so out of our control and that it's only by God's grace that we have come this far. So, keep those prayers coming!!!

2 comments:

Eric said...

Grace means undeserved favor. No better illustration than these kids

Kathleen said...

My friend (coincidentally, also named Rebecca) had premature boy twins in the NICU at Kaiser SF for weeks. She had a very good experience with the care that the babies received there, and I pray that this will be true for you too!