Sunday, April 06, 2008

Beggin for Bacon (16 Weeks)


Today we returned home from spending a little weekend anniversary getaway in Monterey. We stayed at a super cool B & B on 17 mile drive that was very cozy and relaxing. We were able to get some much needed R & R. It may be the last getaway for just the two of us for quite some time!
So, last night as I was examining my ever expanding waist line it dawned on me that not only am I growing front to back (tummy), but I am also starting to grow from side to side. Yes, I swear I am developing "love handles". I can't believe it! I really wasn't expecting that! I have come to accept the fact that I need to gain 60-70 pound in order to have healthy babies, but I was hoping it would all go to my tummy! I guess that's not likely when you're talking about that much weight and carrying 3 babies. So, I am trying to accept that the new pounds will likely go mostly to my tummy, but will also be dispersed throughout my entire body. Ugghh!!! I seem to have been able to put on the pounds fairly easily so far (15 pounds total, including 6 pounds in the last 7 days). My new favorite food is BACON! I never thought the day would come that I would even like bacon, let alone crave it! But, it seems like bacon has become one of the babies favorite foods. I will oblige and continue eating bacon in order to help put on the pounds, but once these babies are born I think I need to come back to reality and keep it limited. :)

No comments: