Friday, July 03, 2009

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY SWEET BABIES!!!







Happy, Happy Birthday to my 3 amazing babies! We have spent the day remembering back on a year ago. We were so scared, so terrified! Our 3 precious babies were born so early and were so little and fragile (read the "Birth Story" blog post for more details). It is such a miracle that they are 100% healthy today! It truly is a blessing that they are all doing so amazingly well. They are trying, desperately, to catch up to their 'birth" age. I think, about a month ago, they got tired of being referred to by their "adjusted" age that they decided to close the gap and catch up. They are all 3 pulling up and standing like 3 little monkeys! They disperse in 3 different direction when we let them down. It's pretty crazy!

Yesterday, was their actual birthday and we decided to take a trip to the SF Kaiser NICU where the kids were born and spent 9 and 11 weeks. We got to know the doctors and nurses so well that we wanted to show them how amazing the kids are doing. We lucked out and quite a few of our doctors and nurses that we knew were there. It was fun to show off the kids! It was also a surprise to run into my "high-risk" pregnancy doctor. Both Eric & I became really close to him through all the scary parts of the pregnancy, delivery, and post-delivery. So, it was a special treat to see him and for him to see the kids.

We gave the kids a cupcake (banana muffin) with frosting on it for their birthday. All 3 of their reactions were very different. Josiah doesn't like anything new the first time he tries it, so his response was to just stare at it. He didn't really care. Alana got excited when we put it on her tray, but then looked at it suspiciously. She didn't want to touch it and, definitely, didn't want the frosting on her fingers. (She is truly my child! I hate my fingers dirty or sticky.) Alexa surprised us the most by literally diving in. She immediately put both her hands on it and started finger painting with the frosting. She had frosting in her hair, eyebrows, eyelashes...pretty much everywhere! None of them really cared much about eating it, though.

Eric's parents, aka "Grandma" & "Grandpa" Jardine, got the kids a bunch of really cool birthday presents. One of them was an all-terrain radio flyer wagon. When Eric's dad arrived this morning he put the wagon together and they took the kids for a walk this afternoon. Eric and I were on our way home when we turned the corner and saw Grandma & Grandpa pulling the kids in their new wagon. It truly was one of the cutest things I have ever seen! I made Eric stop the car so that I could jump out and go see them! I love my sweet babies! :)

No comments: