Sunday, September 21, 2008

Carseats, Daytona and What am I doing?

Joe is still working out life as one of three outside the oogling of the nurses at the hospital. He is having to learn that he is not an only child! Hilda our night nanny gave us the update that he was hitting Alana in the middle of the night Friday with his flailing arms. Below is a picture of how I found them this morning. You might have wondered why Joe came home on Friday afternoon vs our original anticipation of Thursday morning. He failed the carseat test, meaning that his oxygen saturation went down when we put him in the carseat on Wednesday afternoon. He did another test on Thursday and passed with flying colors. Why did he have trouble? I am convinced it was because he was circumsized about 30 minutes prior to the test. I can't imagine any boy breathing normal 30 minutes after such a traumatic experience. Good news is that he is home and breathing just fine now!

Yesterday, it was just Rebecca and I for the entire day until my Mom arrived from Las Vegas at 8pm. The odds of having three babies crying is pretty small but it can happen and boy is it an event. We managed well but realized how exhausting it is. We did make a field trip yesterday to Marge's house on our way to the airport. It was pretty special to introduce our kids to her(you might Remember Marge's involvement in the birth story). She has been praying for them all along and we are so thankful for her love of our family.

While driving to the airport I felt like I accidentally turned onto the Daytona Motor Speedway. The minivan has some pep but my foot had no lead the moment that we got on the 280. Jr passed me on the left while Johnson passed me on the right. To all the parents that I have smoked past back when I had my Audi and in Rebecca's Lexus, I am so so sorry. I have a new respect for those that drive the speed limit! Our precious cargo departed home at 6:15 moments after finishing a feed. We arrived back at home at 8:55, 5 minutes before the next feed. Busy days and even busier nights. Last night, Rebecca woke me up at about 11:30 and asked me to calm down Joe who was grunting up a storm. It was my turn so I went into the baby room completely confused? Was I supposed to feed, change diapers? Heat milk? I had to go back to our room and ask Rebecca, what am I doing? Joe had been grunting for about an hour and needed somebody to tell him that this new home is a good place. Joe and I slept on the chair for about 30 minutes until the next feed.

No comments: