This Sunday, we dedicated the babies at our church. I want to apologize to anyone who would've liked to have come and didn't know about it. I definitely dropped the ball in getting the word out, and the day approached must faster than I anticipated! So sorry! Anyway, it ended up being a really nice dedication. Basically, a dedication is a sort of "giving back" to God what He has given us. Eric & I have committed to raise our kids up in a Christian home and to teach them to love and serve God. We hope that they will come to know Jesus at a very young age and that their lives would be used to glorify Him and to bless others. The dedication was a time of thankful celebration of the precious gifts God has given us! I wrote a "letter" to the babies that I read during the dedication and I will post it below for those of you who weren't able to be there.
Eric & I just want to thank everyone who has already helped us in so many ways, whether it be providing meals, diapers, help during feedings, etc. We, definitely, couldn't have made it this far without you! We greatly appreciate all of the continuous love and support from all of you!
To Our 3 Precious Miracles:
The news that we were expecting 3 little ones was met with fear, panic and disbelief. However, to our surprise each one of you has brought us more love, joy, awe and wonder than we ever imagined.
"JOSIAH" your name means "GOD SAVES". The sparkle in your eyes and huge smile that you so freely give can brighten any room and bring a smile to anyone's face. I Timothy 6:11-12 says, " But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness. Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called."
"ALANA" your name means "LITTLE ROCK". You are by far the most feistiest and spunkiest of the bunch. You are our little social butterfly who never wants to miss a beat. Your high-pitched squeal of joy always makes us smile. Ephesians 1:16-19 says, "That's why, when I heard of the solid trust you have in the Master Jesus and your outpouring of love to all the followers of Jesus, I couldn't stop thanking God for you—every time I prayed, I'd think of you and give thanks. But I do more than thank. I ask—ask the God of our Master, Jesus Christ, the God of glory—to make you intelligent and discerning in knowing him personally, your eyes focused and clear, so that you can see exactly what it is he is calling you to do, grasp the immensity of this glorious way of life he has for his followers, oh, the utter extravagance of his work in us who trust him—endless energy, boundless strength!"
"ALEXA" your name means "DEFENDER OF MEN". You are our sweet little cuddle bug. We can't help but smile and laugh at your infectious giggle. Colossians 1:9-10 says, "For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God."
Each one of you is so precious and so unique in your own special way. We love you so much more than we ever thought possible and we can't imagine our lives without you. God has been so good to us and the blessing of you in our lives has shown us the meaning of Grace. We now understand "undeserved favor". Today, we thank God for giving you to us and as we dedicate you back to Him, we promise to love you unconditionally and to do our best to show you His love. We pray that you would come to know Jesus and His love for you at a very young age and that you would grow up to love Him and serve Him with all of your heart, mind and soul.
We love you so much, Josiah, Alana and Alexa!
Eric & I just want to thank everyone who has already helped us in so many ways, whether it be providing meals, diapers, help during feedings, etc. We, definitely, couldn't have made it this far without you! We greatly appreciate all of the continuous love and support from all of you!
To Our 3 Precious Miracles:
The news that we were expecting 3 little ones was met with fear, panic and disbelief. However, to our surprise each one of you has brought us more love, joy, awe and wonder than we ever imagined.
"JOSIAH" your name means "GOD SAVES". The sparkle in your eyes and huge smile that you so freely give can brighten any room and bring a smile to anyone's face. I Timothy 6:11-12 says, " But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness. Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called."
"ALANA" your name means "LITTLE ROCK". You are by far the most feistiest and spunkiest of the bunch. You are our little social butterfly who never wants to miss a beat. Your high-pitched squeal of joy always makes us smile. Ephesians 1:16-19 says, "That's why, when I heard of the solid trust you have in the Master Jesus and your outpouring of love to all the followers of Jesus, I couldn't stop thanking God for you—every time I prayed, I'd think of you and give thanks. But I do more than thank. I ask—ask the God of our Master, Jesus Christ, the God of glory—to make you intelligent and discerning in knowing him personally, your eyes focused and clear, so that you can see exactly what it is he is calling you to do, grasp the immensity of this glorious way of life he has for his followers, oh, the utter extravagance of his work in us who trust him—endless energy, boundless strength!"
"ALEXA" your name means "DEFENDER OF MEN". You are our sweet little cuddle bug. We can't help but smile and laugh at your infectious giggle. Colossians 1:9-10 says, "For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God."
Each one of you is so precious and so unique in your own special way. We love you so much more than we ever thought possible and we can't imagine our lives without you. God has been so good to us and the blessing of you in our lives has shown us the meaning of Grace. We now understand "undeserved favor". Today, we thank God for giving you to us and as we dedicate you back to Him, we promise to love you unconditionally and to do our best to show you His love. We pray that you would come to know Jesus and His love for you at a very young age and that you would grow up to love Him and serve Him with all of your heart, mind and soul.
We love you so much, Josiah, Alana and Alexa!



No comments:
Post a Comment