We recently have been trying to stretch the kids between feedings to eventually get them to sleep through the night. In this process, we have decided to stop using our night nanny. For those of you not aware, a night nanny is a high priced method for us to try to sleep through the night even when the babies do not (although Rebecca still has to get up to "pump"). For most families this is incredibly valuable if the babies are fussy at 1am and won't go back to sleep after a feed. For us the value was great at first but as the babies have been more regular in their sleeping and feeds, there is a lot of downtime for a night nanny. Recently, ours was providing a little white noise for the kids, catching some zzz's and snoring right along with them. We decided that we could cut back after trying a few nights on our own. With great success, the kids are now sleeping for 5-6 hours and then 5 hours so only one feed is needed at around 1am.
A few nights back, I woke up to help Rebecca and she was in feeding Alexa. To my surprise she was already done feeding the other two! Flying solo, she started feeding Alana thinking that I would wake up when Joe got a bit fussy. I missed my internal alarm clock and she kept feeding. By the time I was awake it was way too late. Recently, we were able to feed all three kids with just two of us in about 45 minutes.
Our favorite expressions come at these early morning feedings. I'll get some video up soon of how big their smiles are in the early morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
You're on your way... they'll be sleeping through the night before you know it and you'll forget about all those 1am feedings!
Post a Comment