So, we have decided we like big burps. Rebecca commented the other night that Joe burps like a man and we started working on the modified lyrics for the epic Sir Mixalot song. This will eventually be one epic performance for a talent show someday.
I like big burps and I can not lie
You other babies can't deny
That when a kid walks in with a bloated belly
And a belch in your face
You get rung, wanna hold out that tongue
'Cause you notice that burp was stuffed
Deep in the lungs she's yearning
I'm hooked and I can't stop staring
Oh baby, I wanna hear ya
And take your picture
My homeboys tried to warn me
But with that burp you got makes me feel so gassy
On another night I was reminded of a Steven Curtis Chapman song called Dive. The lyrics to the chorus are below but it really describes where we are. In over our head but that is where we want to be.
I'm diving in, I'm going deep, in over my head I want to be
Caught in the rush, lost in the flow, in over my head I want togo
The river's deep, the river's wide, the river's water is alive
So sink or swim, I'm diving in
Between the tsunami that is the equity market at work and the hurricane at home I am in way over my head. Good news though is that God has provided grace for each day and while exhausted, I do realize that he is carrying me much more than I will ever know right now.
When in over our heads with too much to handle we also find other people carrying us or our babies. We have had numerous visitors, helpers, meals and Costco runners. Thanks to all for your tremendous support. You all are part of that grace for each day and God is using you big time! We won't ever be able to express the gratitude or even name everyone that is offering encouragement. Some names on the long list in no particular order...
Rene & Kathleen, Susan K, Jean S, Barc & Sharon, Emily & Danny, Chetan & Courtney, Elisia, Kristin J(congrats on your healthy baby girl!), Julie Mo, Rachel, Stacey, Zuza, Edwin & Julie, Grace W, Kelly C, Kelly N, Tom and Sarah, Bonnie W, Bellinghams, Liz, Dana, Janet B, Mark & Lisa K, Mary and Tom, Alexus G, Shannon and Randy, Kate, Gorins, Tiffany K, Wylie and Anne Marie, Karen E, BAAM... The list goes on as I am sure that I missing people(email if I am missing you or someone else). From the bottom of our heart, you are being used to help us run this marathon. Your help has made this fun too!
Great Grandma Nana, Vonna, Jamie and of course our parents which we have leaned on more than anyone right now. We would be in deep trouble without their 1 am feedings!
Nani and Bill
Grandma and Grandpa J
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
It does get easier, I know it may not seem like it but it really does. And I LOVE the burp song!!! LOL
Mary BBC
Post a Comment