Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Surprise Baby Shower! (19 Weeks)



Today at work I was told we had a meeting and when I got there I found out that it was a surprise baby shower! I was very surprised and very excited! It was very sweet and everyone was overwhelmingly generous and supportive. There was even a surprise guest appearance from my mom. Kim & Amanda made this amazing "tower" of baby stuff that looked like a wedding cake. It was super cool! I am hoping to get a picture of it and post it soon (being a surprise I did not have a camera). My living room looks like an explosion of baby stuff! I don't quite have a place for everything yet since our guest bedroom is still a disaster zone. We are also having 5 guests stay with us over the next month. So, it'll be awhile until we are officially able to transform the guest room into the new babies room. I am surprisingly calm even sitting in the midst of chaos. I guess I should get used to chaos for awhile and learn to be okay with it. We are slowly but surely starting to transform our house. We finally found a home for the foosball table, temporarily until we are able to get a bigger house (thanks Guy and Christie!). We are hoping to turn our dining room into the new guest area/baby stuff overflow room.
Thanks everyone at work for an amazing and surprising baby shower! I only have 3 1/2 more weeks of work left! Time is flying by! I am definitely going to be sad to stop working, because I really do enjoy my job and the people that I work with. But, I am having to sit further and further away from the patient because my stomach is getting so big! :) I am hoping to return to work around 6 months after they are born for possibly 1-2 days/week. The exact plan is yet to be determined. Who knows, I may be ready for a break 1-2 days/week after 6 months! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Plywood on top of the foosball table, topped with a towel = instant diaper changing station!